View Single Post
Old January 27 2013, 10:05 PM   #1693
BritishSeaPower
Commander

View BritishSeaPower's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Breezed through the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary eBook A Big Hand for the Doctor. I'd read one or two of the Artemis Fowl books way back when, but was never a big Eoin Colfer fan. This was an enjoyable little romp and I picked up on the "nod" the story was making towards a famous British children's story. That said, Colfer really presents a take on the First Doctor that's very unique and quite at odds with Hartnell's personality. It was fun, but I am a little annoyed that with three different media tackling the 50th Anniversary (BBC eBooks, Big Finish-AudioGO audio collaboration & IDW's Comics) that two of the three Hartnell-era stories would tell pre-Series stories. Alas. I do look forward to the rest of them, especially with rumors of Neil Gaiman and JK Rowling down the pike!

I've stalled out a bit on Death in Winter, I'm finding it to be fairly boring (about 1/4 of the way through) and the writing to be a little flat.