View Single Post
Old January 27 2013, 04:09 PM   #694
Christopher
Writer

Re: They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
How did you think Wayne survived the nuke?
I assumed he had time to prepare.
I think that's exactly right. What we were told was that the ejector seat or autopilot or whatever wasn't working and that he had to fly it out there manually with no means of escape. But just because he claimed that, that doesn't mean it was true. As I read it, he lied about that in order to fake his death -- he "prepared" for how to make it look like he died in the blast, when in fact he was able to jettison and fly the plane out on autopilot. After all, it's Chekov's Gun. We were told exactly how he could have flown the bomb out to sea and survived, so the logical conclusion is that that's what he did, and that his claim that he couldn't pull it off was simply a misdirect to set up his own apparent demise.

(Although that doesn't explain the epilogue in the cafe in Europe. Don't they have TV in Europe? Surely he'd still have one of the most recognizable faces in the world.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote