View Single Post
Old January 27 2013, 02:45 PM   #157
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Officially no series 8 in 2013

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Lance wrote: View Post
To be honest, I think they'd be better off simply admitting that Doctor Who only has six episodes each series from now on. None of this 'Series "x" Part "x"!' business.
Honestly, any show that does split seasons should just start referring to each block as its own season as opposed to season x part x.
I was surprised when the last DVD came out and it was called "Series Seven, Part One." The reason I was surprised was that BBC Worldwide had told merchandisers and marketers last summer (and I have the e-mails at work) that the Pond episodes were "Series 7" and the JLC episodes were "Series 8."

But plans change. *shrug*

Underground Toys uses wording like "the 2013 series" in their materials. DWM uses similar terminology. While it would be nice to have an approved style guide, the terminology used doesn't matter so much as the punters understand what they're buying and that it's what they want.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote