View Single Post
Old January 27 2013, 02:23 PM   #35
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Re: Idea for New Series

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
If you're not using the Prime universe continuity then your story may as well take place in the current continuity, since it doesn't make much of a difference and prevents you from fighting an uphill battle.
Yeah, it could work I'd just prefer to know what I'm watching takes place in the proper Star Trek universe. A TV series set in the NuTrek timeline could work just as well if they just took the older, more science-fiction driven approach instead of the more hack-ish Orci and Kurtzman take on it. Which I know some people on here prefer and that's fine but I'm a science-fiction fan and want Trek to be ideas driven.

I understand and I respect that. I'm just saying that it will never, ever happen.
Well, I'm being an optimist. There are millions and millions of fans of old and young ages (I'm only in my early 20s!) that cherish the old continuity. It's possible that one day, some of these people will be put in charge of the franchise instead of people like JJ Abrams. A man who, I guarantee, would never have considered destroying Star Wars' continuity because he's a huge fan of that franchise.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote