Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old January 27 2013, 02:45 AM   #194
Sector 7
Vice Admiral
Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Going Veggie

teacake wrote: View Post
That said some sugar in chillie is good too.
Mom always put sugar in pasta sauce or chili (anything with a tomato base) to lessen the acidity. I have since tried a small amount of brown sugar to such recipes. I am talking a very small amount... not enough to change the taste.
J. Allen wrote: View Post
I'm fine with talking about both, though I get annoyed if people start making accusations and such. You know, like "meat is murder and you're a cold blooded killer!" or "you're going to die of protein starvation! You're afraid of a little blood!" and such.
This is the reason I was afraid to ask questions here. The only veggie-tarians I knew were very militant about it.

However, I feel very comfortable here now (well, J. Allen still scares me a bit ). Thanks everyone for the input. In the future, I may be asking for advice again. I do envy those who have access to such exotic foods. It would make for so much more variety.
“When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” -Pres. Obama
"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon." -Pres. Clinton
Sector 7 is offline   Reply With Quote