View Single Post
Old January 26 2013, 08:55 PM   #358
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander

Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Uh, the same Disney which made The Avengers conclude with just about the most obscure Marvel villain possible being revealed? Thrawn is FAR more well known.
I know Thanos but ain't read the Thrawn books, but being a Marvel fanboy from childhood may have something to do with that.

Nerys Myk wrote:
The trends seems to be going away from fan service. See just about any adaptation of an existing property in the last 10 years.
I've rarely seen such a baffling statement. Comic book movies and cult oriented adaptations have gotten WAY more accurate than they used to. Over 10 years ago, they were planning to make an Iron Man movie where the main villain was his father who was also War Machine. The fact that we got an Iron Man film that, while updated, is fairly accurate and ended with Nick Fury appearing and saying the Avengers is something that only could have come about in the Internet age where people can Google Nick Fury and the Avengers and go, "Ahhh." We've moved on insanely far from when Judge Dredd would go without his helmet half the movie and kiss a girl or where John Constantine is a dark haired Keanu Reeves. We're at a point where most filmmakers of geek properties want to satisfy the general public AND the Comic-Con audience instead of completely abandoning the latter for the former but by doing so, making something that has no real spark to attract the general public.

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Yeah, that's bullshit from beginning to end - the public does not "hate books,"
Oh, come on. With the rare exception of a Da Vinci Code or Twilight or 50 Shades of Grey now and then, the greater public stays away from books. I don't even see how this is being disputed.