View Single Post
Old January 26 2013, 08:53 PM   #424
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

For some reason, the character animation here seemed much worse than last week. The characters' movements seemed unnatural and awkward, with lots of unnecessary, kind of random movements. There was none of the subtlety I saw in Maul's character animation last week -- which is odd, since I would've expected the same key animator would stick with a given character. But maybe they assign different episodes in an arc to different animation teams working side by side in order to meet the schedule. They did that with shows like Batman: The Animated Series in the past, and you could often see a profound difference in animation quality between the halves of a 2-parter, say. In a case like this, everyone's using the same digital models, so the characters look consistent, but they may not be animated/performed with the same quality every week.

I also found the script rather weak in this one, the dialogue clunky and the story too quick to unfold.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote