View Single Post
Old January 26 2013, 08:47 PM   #355
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Franklin wrote: View Post
Hey, everybody! This is still a STAR TREK forum. Take your Thrawns and stuff elsewhere.
I'm definitely more of a Trekkie but I'm much more familiar with the Star Wars EU than I am with Trek literature. My school had LOTS of Star Wars books in the library but no Star Trek. Hell, I've probably read less than 10 Trek books in my life. Feeble compared to the unthinkable amount of Doctor Who and Star Wars literature I've consumed.

Ordered a bunch of DS9 Relaunch novels though, can't wait to dive in.

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Yeah, that's bullshit from beginning to end
Can you go through one post without being so fucking rude? We were all having a civil, friendly chat when as per usual you come in with some obnoxious, needless hate. Quit it. Frankly, you come across as a bully.
You're the one who called people illiterate and lazy for not reading Star Wars book. Not really seeing any room for you to criticize what Dennis said. How was he rude again? For pointing out you might not know what you're talking about?

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Thrawn is only well known in fandom circles, just like Thanos.
Well, I'm gonna use my Batman analogy then.

Thrawn is as popular with Star Wars fans as Ra's al Ghul was with Batman fans before Batman Begins. The general public had no fucking clue who he was and only knew Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin etc but that didn't stop Nolan making a movie with a villain only geeks know.
Using Thrawn (or a character with that name) is different than adapting the books. Batman Begins was not an adaptation of the O'Neil/Adams Batman stories.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote