View Single Post
Old January 26 2013, 05:51 PM   #16
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ant-Man and Dr. Strange part of Marvel Cinematic Universe phase 3

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
^ Really? I think, if done right (and Marvel obviously seems to know what theyn are doing with their charaters) a Dr. Strange movie would rock!
I know I'm looking forward to it.

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
It will be interesting to see how these slightly lesser known properties fair at the box office.
Iron Man was lesser known once upon a time. When they started advertising that movie, I knew several people who had never hears of the character and nobody who had read the comics.
Yeah, that's why I said "slightly lesser known".
Doesn't change my point, which is that how known any of these characters are is irrelevant. The movies will be the first time the vast majority of people are encountering them. "Slightly" lesser known may as well be completely unknown, it's a trivial distinction.

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
So, Benedict Cumberbatch as Strange?
Anyone else would almost be a disappointment
Let's be honest here, Cumberbund is too ugly to play a lead character in a mainstream Hollywood flick. He'd make a good Marvel villain, but they'll find someone more conventionally handsome like Viggo Mortenson or even Bradley Cooper to play Dr. Strange. Who knows, it could even be Johnny Depp, who has already been given the part by teh internets judging from all the photo manips of him as Strange.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote