View Single Post
Old January 26 2013, 01:57 PM   #1776
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Worf'sParmach wrote: View Post
Logistically, promising Vic that his program will run all the time seems a little problematic, but it's the last season so whatever. (Doesn't Quark own the holosuites? Why would be be cool with losing profit on renting that one out?)
I suppose it's possible that they set up a majigger like the one they fooled Moriarty with in Ship in a Bottle so that Vic's program is constantly running, but not being projected in the holosuite unless someone pays to visit. That's probably the best way it interpret it, although it does open the possibility of Bashir wanting to visit Vic late at night and discovering that Vic's sleeping.

Seven of Five wrote: View Post
Jesus slow down a bit will you? I checked every frickin day I was on holiday for more updates, but now I'm back at work you're back pumping them out like easy Scott Bakula jokes.

Why GodBen, WHY?
Okay then, just for you I'll take another month-long break.

Paper Moon wrote: View Post
Obviously, Ben, I understand why this episode does not get 5 stars under your rating system. But, for me, it's a 10 out of 10, and one of Trek's finest hours.
I was close to giving it 9/10, but settled on 8 at the end. There was a moment in the episode when Vic and Nog were talking when I realised that a weird-looking alien was talking to a holographic 60s lounge singer, and I felt a little embarrassed by the silliness of it. It was only a moment, but it was enough to convince me to keep the rating at four stars.