View Single Post
Old January 25 2013, 08:51 PM   #251
YARN
Fleet Captain

Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
You know what Abrams thinks and feels? Woah!
I do know what Abrams has publicly stated, which is our most direct evidence. Indeed, I quoted him it. Here it is, again:

“I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big ‘Star Trek’ fan growing up, so for me, working on ‘Star Trek’ didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege"

Garek wrote:
Did anyone else yawn like 5 times when reading that?
This adds nothing to the conversation.

Garek wrote:
Your sad high school issues aside,
It's called a metaphor. Pour yourself a glass of punch. I'll explain it to you while JJ dances "Gangam Style" with that hot chick from a galaxy far far away.

Garek wrote:
this is win/win for me - a decent and talented director is taking over a great franchise that I enjoy after lending a much needed hand to another great franchise that I enjoy (and will probably continue to do so in some capacity).

Everything's coming up Garak.
Sure, he'll help out "in some capacity." Maybe he'll get a bros to give you a sympathy dance.

This may be good for Star Wars (Abrams is right that this is daunting task) and this may be good for Sci-Fi in general, but you're drinking the spiked stuff if you think this is direct benefit for the next Trek film in the franchise. Spin it all you want, he's got a new main squeeze.
YARN is offline   Reply With Quote