View Single Post
Old January 25 2013, 05:40 PM   #192
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

YARN wrote: View Post
This is all rather amusing.

It's like the ugly girl who gets taken to the dance by the cool guy. The cool guy said there was no way he could take the cute girl to the dance - too much intimidation and not enough time.

Now we're at the prom and he's shown up with both. Who do you think is going to get the slow dances and who will be standing by the punch bowl?

“I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big ‘Star Trek’ fan growing up, so for me, working on ‘Star Trek’ didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege"

And you think he will have time to do both? All his energies will now be focused on Star Wars.

You're Trek nerds. You've tried to convince yourself that you're not Trek nerds by mocking other Trek nerds, but you are. Your presence here is proof of that fact.

And you just got dumped for the prettier girl.

Don't worry, we'll be standing there with you at the punch bowl when it's time for the slow dance (I think it will be John Williams tune).
Who the fuck is this guy? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

Hilarious.