View Single Post
Old January 24 2013, 05:41 PM   #34
Christopher
Writer

Re: Spiderman 3 Better Than Amazing

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Those strike me as fairly minor issues compared to the laughably atrocious Harry Osborn amnesia plotline...
That plotline actually came directly from the comics. The problem is that in the comics, it played out over years, while here they felt the need to cram it into half an hour. It goes to show that sometimes being too faithful to the comics is a mistake in a feature film.

Where he was almost always unmasked because that's how people roll in the Raimi films.
In live-action films in general. Batman literally tore his own mask off at the climax of Batman Returns, even though there was a bad guy standing right there watching. RoboCop lost his helmet at the end of act 2 and spent the rest of the film bare-faced. Iron Man had his helmet knocked off in his climactic fight with Iron Monger. Aragorn and Legolas fought bare-faced in the LOTR movies while everyone around them had the sense to wear helmets -- ditto Mal and Zoey in the opening scenes of the Firefly pilot. Sylvester Stallone's Judge Dredd spent most of his movie barefaced even though the comics character never removed his helmet on-panel. (The recent Karl Urban Dredd is a rare exception to the norm.) And so on.

Calling Spider-Man 3 "better than amazing"...
No, the thread title means "better than Amazing," i.e. better than the film entitled The Amazing Spider-Man.

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Eddie Brock goes into a Catholic Church and prays to God to kill Peter Parker?! Really?! Does he not know how God works?!
A lot of people don't. Just recently, Kansas's House Speaker e-mailed his Republican colleagues with an exhortation to, essentially, pray for President Obama's death. And he's far from the first.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote