View Single Post
Old January 24 2013, 10:16 AM   #215
The Haunting
Admiral

Re: Dredd - Grade, Review, Discuss, Spoilers

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Mike Farley wrote: View Post
RE: sequel.

Never give up hope. They're making another Riddick movie after the last one bombed. All things are possible.
Well, when you put it that way, I guess there is no good reason why we can't have a Dredd sequel.

lurok wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
it's possible they may not even get Karl Urban back which would be a great tragedy, IMO.
Just wondering if it would really be that bad if replaced Urban? May do it just for budgetary reasons. Underwhelmed by this one, but Thirlby made impressive debut and would be interested to see sequel with broader scope.
Personally, I feel Urban is Dredd and his performance in the movie is easily a good portion of the reason why the movie rocked so much.
I'd agree, I think he completely nailed Dredd, and he has age on his side as well if sequels did appear. It would be nice to have Thirlby back as well, maybe with a bit of the comic book Anderson's humour thrown in.

I guess the downside to a sequel is that, what might have been expected to build on what came before, might need a similarly tight focus to the first one for budgetry reasons.

Hence why the Cursed Earth might be a good idea, lots of desert in South Africa that could double for an irradiated wasteland and all that.

"God! Whose hand was I holding?"
The Haunting is offline   Reply With Quote