View Single Post
Old January 24 2013, 07:19 AM   #84
JD
Admiral

Re: Continuum (US) Season 1 Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

jayceee wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
If their major export market dries up they're fucked.
There's two recent instances I can think of offhand, where a Canadian produced show was dropped by its American network, but continued being produced by its Canadian network.

- "Saving Hope" was dropped by NBC at the end of season 1, but CTV renewed it for a second season. ("Saving Hope" features Michael Shanks, who previously played Daniel Jackson for ten seasons of Stargate SG-1).

- "Flashpoint" was dropped by CBS in the middle of season 4, but CTV continued producing it for the rest of season 4 and a season 5. (Season 5 recently ended last month, with the producers calling it quits and ending the series).
Actually, Flashpoint is still showing new episodes in the US, it just moved to a new network, Ion. I've never seen it myself, but they advertise it a lot during their syndicated reruns of Psych, Leverage and Monk.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote