View Single Post
Old January 24 2013, 05:51 AM   #1711
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does It Get Better???

AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
More than a day out in space away from the sun and he's as vulnerable as you or me. We discovered this when a face hugger stuck an alien egg down his throat 20 years ago. There was a ticking clock for the reader, but Kal just got out into the sunlight in time as the alien was trying to spread his ribs from the inside... A lot of vomit was involved in the Xenomorph's final exit.
That's really disgusting.....anyway......

Unimatrix Zero Parts 1 and 2: A solid Borg two parter, but not great. I never quite understood the way Unimatrix Zero worked. When the "evil" Borg went into it, why weren't their minds also freed from the collective? Their appearances should have also changed. The whole plot that Janeway came up with to invade the Borg Cube and.....do something.....never made a lot of sense to me. They planned on being assimilated? And then they had a way to retain individuality? And Voyager left even though they knew they'd been assimilated and that was all part of the plan....??? I could go on...

Anyway, it was still a fun action-packed episode and I enjoyed it. Some decent romance too. Just wish it had been better.

7/10
It was Trek's version of "The Matrix"
Seven was Neo
The evil Borg are Agent Smith and the Queen is the Sentinals trying to destroy Zion A.K.A. Unimatrix Zero.

It gets as lame as the last two Matrix movies did and takes the Borg/humanity story one step too far. I really didn't find Voyager weakened the Borg until this two-part ep. Seriously, a Borg love story?

Come on, the Queen didn't know this flaw in the Hive? Plus, the Borg civil war was stupid, especially if they established a few times that Drones became ill and risked death once they disconnect from the collective and their implants turn on them. Wasn't that part of why the Borg in "Survival Instinct" weren't going to live long? Wasn't it implied in "Unity" that even freed Borg won't co-operate after awhile because they regain their past prejudices? The civil war will never go anywhere because they'll eventually turn on themselves, opening the door for the Borg to reassimilate them.

Bad, bad episode.