View Single Post
Old January 23 2013, 11:47 PM   #1825
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

I picked up Young Avengers #1. I tried to pretend it was Phonogram -- but I didn't quite succeed.

There are some interesting visual things (a sequence with Kate Bishop and some Skrulls has a Frank Quitely layout) and it's a pretty book (which you would expect with McKelvie). And while there's character on every page, there's not a lot of story here. I have no idea who these characters are, and I have no idea why I should care about them. Maybe if someone had talked about Kenickie then I'd have understood. No, I guess these characters would have been infacts in Kenickie's heyday, so they should have had conversations about Snow Patrol and "Chasing Cars" instead. Then I'd have gotten it.

I don't know who the person at the end is supposed to be -- or even any of the backstory leading to that.

Still. It's a pretty book.

Needs more Kenickie.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote