View Single Post
Old January 23 2013, 01:53 AM   #84
Christopher
Writer

Re: La-La Land Records to release 4-disc DS9 soundtrack set!

MickJo1701 wrote: View Post
What Chattaway scores would you liked to have been released?
From TNG? I think they've already released the only ones I'm interested in. Beyond that, I wouldn't mind "Scorpion" from VGR, and he did some good work in ENT. But for the most part, Chattaway's Trek work was not my favorite. To be honest, I was more fond of his non-Trek work, where he didn't have to labor under Berman's "wallpaper" rules. There was this 1992 documentary called Space Age that he scored, and I quite liked his work there -- I see you can get it as an MP3 album for 10 bucks on Amazon.

I had a college professor once who liked to play New Age CDs over the lecture hall sound system before he started class, and once I recognized Chattaway's distinctive "voice" in one of them. I thought it was rather nice. And I think I did ask the professor about it afterward and he confirmed it was Chattaway. But I can't find any online info about Chattaway doing New Age music; the online discographies I can find are limited to his film and TV work.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote