View Single Post
Old January 22 2013, 06:44 PM   #142
hux
Lieutenant Commander

Re: A country without Money how it's work?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Writing a holonovel... just because you can do it doesn't mean you're good at it, just look at the fan fiction section here.
harsh

So, to be cynical like you, even if you don't have to earn money, you can suck so much at everything else that the only thing that's left is being a waiter.
but in a world like the one trek presents us, you don't have to be a waiter if you suck at everything....you could travel the planet having adventures because food, clothing and shelter are not something that you need to worry about in that world.....if you woke up tomorrow in a society where you could beam to any part of the world, never needed to worry about food, clothing, material possessions.......you're honestly telling me you'd stop and say.....no, i'll become a waiter instead......seriously!

No money suddenly equals infinite knowledge and skill?
No but it does mean you have nothing but free time to do anything you want.....so why be a waiter (for no money!!!!) when you could learn about engineering (or any other subject you like) at school....also for no money

Lister - Don't give me any of that Star Trek crap, its too early in the morning
hux is offline   Reply With Quote