View Single Post
Old January 22 2013, 10:43 AM   #135
hux
Lieutenant Commander

Re: A country without Money how it's work?

robau wrote: View Post
Everyone still needs to start somewhere.
But surely that's the point.....no they don't....they can just stay at home playing in holo novels with beautiful women all day and only stop for the occasional replicated meal (that's pretty much what i'd be doing) certainly if they lived in a society where money was redundant because all needs were catered for at least.........so why would i suddenly give up my daily sex sessions with the hottest women in history.........to become a waiter

Yeah sure, i might get bored eventually (unlikely) but even if i did, i could theoretically become anything i wanted.....i could travel, i could go to the academy, i could write my own holo novel, i could do so many things.....................so why in the name of captain Kirks balls would i become a waiter??

the only possible answer could be financial gain - I don't have a problem with the idea that money is redundant in the Star Trek universe but if that's the case then they need to be more consistent in the storytelling....they need to think....wait....why would this guy be a waiter in a world where he could do literally anything he wanted

Lister - Don't give me any of that Star Trek crap, its too early in the morning
hux is offline   Reply With Quote