View Single Post
Old January 22 2013, 12:27 AM   #40
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: The Worf & Troi romance... what are your thoughts on it?

JustKate wrote: View Post
I really, really, really dislike contrived, exploit-it-when-it's-useful-ignore-it-when-it's-not romances, and if you ask me, which you kinda did, they don't get much more contrived, used when it's useful and ignored when it's not than Riker/Troi. I was sick of it before the end of the first season, so you can imagine how I felt when it dragged on and on and on and on and on. Therefore, I was delighted with the Worf/Troi romance. It felt far less contrived than Riker/Troi - at least it wasn't alternatively exploited and ignored...until Worf moved to DS9, when it was ignored. That's only thing I didn't like about it. They couldn't have allowed Worf 30 seconds of screentime to explain that he'd had this relationship that broke up when he got a new assignment? That was careless and unnecessary. But other than that, I liked it. A lot.
I figured Worf and Troi were broken up by Generations. There was no indication at all they were together in any fashion. Heck he was letting Data shield her when the ship crashed. But yes, I agree a line in the movie about them not being together anymore would've been nice.