View Single Post
Old January 20 2013, 08:03 PM   #93
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: My "Just Saw Insurrection For the First Time" Review.

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
JediKnightButler wrote: View Post
I just didn't think that it lived up to its title as the Admiral was clearly in the wrong and, apparently he wasn't entirely operating with full sanction and was easily overridden by the Fed Council...
The only thing the movie alludes to is that the relocation was being reviewed not halted.

If six hundred people are sitting on a cure for cancer, I'd move them in a heartbeat.
I find sanctimoniously pointing fingers at Phlox and then turning around and condoning kidnapping to be extremely hypocritical, if not a bit disingenuous.
Its entirely consistent though. I believe in intervention in both cases. One, that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Two, that the physical evidence that the Valakians need to die for the Menk to evolve simply doesn't exist in the episode itself.

I believe in actually examining the facts of each case and not clouding my reasoning with religious dogma. YMMV.