View Single Post
Old January 20 2013, 06:37 PM   #14
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer
Re: Star Trek: Deception - A Fan Film

boobatuba wrote: View Post
GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
Fundraise all you want through whatever means you want.

Please don't announce those fundraising efforts in forum posts, and please don't solicit in forum posts. (If you want to get people to donate to your efforts, you can purchase advertisement on TrekBBS.)

(Posts have now been edited judiciously throughtout this thread by the Moderator.)
How strange.

Star Trek: Deception isn't my project, and I'm not involved in it in any way. I do find it strange, however, that they're being singled out in this way when there's another active thread with an advertisement for Kickstarter right next door in the forum.

Is this one of those things that's not a problem until somebody "tattles"? It might be a good idea to get some sort of ruling just so future projects know whether or not they can post links to their fundraising sites, whatever they may be.
Well, it's actually the forum's policy whether someone "tattles" or not. The "ruling" for future projects can be found in our forum FAQ:

"Soliciting

Do not attempt to solicit other BBS members: posting to sell or endorse a product or web site will not be permitted."

Sometimes (often?) these slip by the Moderators. We act when we notice--or when people bring it to our attention.

Since it seems a point of contention, all references that I could find to fundraising initiatives have now been removed globally from the Fan Production board--no matter how long ago those campaigns expired.

But, of course, you can still buy advertisements.
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote