Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old January 20 2013, 06:45 AM   #146
Ghost of Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ghost of Sector 7
Re: Going Veggie

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Oh, man, I love a good old pot of beans. I also like to cut big chunks of Vidalia onion into the pot. It adds this flavor that's hard for me to explain, but it just tastes so good!
When I do eat them, I like slivers of raw onion and apple cider vinegar on top. I learned that from my best friend's mom while in college.

This begs the question to all: How do you like your beans?

Also, since I am eating healthier... Mom only has upper dentures, therefore she cannot chew food well. I see quite a few raw veggie dishes here. How can I compromise? I need dishes where I can cook the same items crispy/crunchy for me AND softer for Mom. Puree is out of the question. The food becomes mush and too soft even for Mom. An example is Chinese stir-fry: I'll make it normal, eat mine right away. By the time I finish eating, Mom's is soft enough for her to enjoy. With only the two of us, it is much too expensive and time consuming to fix separate meals. [Hope that made sense... I had a big day & am exhausted]

Last edited by Ghost of Sector 7; January 20 2013 at 06:57 AM.
Ghost of Sector 7 is online now   Reply With Quote