Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old January 20 2013, 03:19 AM   #140
Grey
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Going Veggie

Yay! I totally support you, J. Allen! Glad to hear it's had such a marked effect on your health so far!

Myself, I just don't like meat for the most part. The taste, the texture, the way it feels in my mouth, the way I feel after I eat it...bleck. Especially beef.

I do, however, love seafood and some forms of dairy (mostly cheese), as well as eggs.

So I do eat meat, on occasion. But people cooking for me or eating with me have come to think of me as vegetarian (comparatively speaking) because if there is a choice between vegetarian anything and something incorporating meat, I'll almost always pick the former. And we do a lot of vegetarian cooking around here, to the chagrin of my carnivorous family members.

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
The ultimate thing about meat though is, everything it can do, beans can do better. More importantly, they do so without the cholesterol and saturated fats--and especially the synthetic toxins and steroids that are found in most prepackaged meats these days. Beans truly are a "magical fruit."
Yes! I love beans!

Cat Caddy - a comic blog
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote