View Single Post
Old January 19 2013, 08:48 PM   #54
Leroy
Fleet Captain

Re: 2024 is only a decade away -- are you a gimme, or a dim?

R. Star wrote:
E-DUB wrote:
According to today's statistics, there are 2.3 job seekers for every new job. Mathematics trumps ideology.
Quick, let's tax business owners even more! Then they can hire less people, lay off more people or even close down! That will create new jobs!
I don't get it the post mentioned that a lot of more people will be looking for and applying for jobs, nothing about taxation.

Sci wrote:
Saw some privileged folks who have no idea what they are talking about insinuating that anyone who needs help is probably poor by choice, and justifying this nonsense with personal anecdotes instead of actual statistics.

Noted to my amusement that their attitudes towards the poor resemble the ideological justifications for the abuses hurled at the unemployed, homeless, and mentally ill in the Sanctuary Districts in DSN's "Past Tense."
How do we know they are privileged? Some people making those arguments admit to living in substandard conditions for a time. Another thing that a lot of people fail to realize is that there is just not enough jobs to go around, it's not that people are lazy and refuse to work is that work is just plain unavailable.

Working fast food and other jobs that maybe "beneath" certain people is also not a very good option as those places have also hired to capacity and only have enough positions and hours to go around not to mention the lower pay would not be enough to support a family on. But I guess that's just my "entitlement complex" talking.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote