View Single Post
Old January 19 2013, 07:36 PM   #25
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: MLP:FiM S3E10 - "Keep Calm and Flutter On" Grading & Discussion

Yes! I gave it an "A". Discord was completely within character, Fluttershy once again confirms she is best pony (for now), and we get a fun episode with John DeLancie, which makes it all worthwhile. Also, such language!

Count Zero wrote: View Post
Hahaha, I knew that was the plan all along. Fluttershy guilt-tripped Discord into behaving. What a pony.

They did lay it on a bit thick at the end although I loved how he said, "Friendship is magic" but all in all, I think this was pretty awesome. They also made it clear that he isn't totally reformed and that he might cause some chaos in the future. I hope we'll see him again.
I chuckled at all the other ponies' reaction to Fluttershy's monologue at the end.
Well, to be fair, he did say it begrudgingly.
I actually like how this works out. This makes Discord more like Q. You never knew what kind of entity Q was going to be, whether it was malevolent or helpful. It added an air of mystery to him, and I think it did the same here. Yes, he likes friendship, but he's also a trickster, so that will play into future roles, I hope.
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote