Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

1. Reservoir Dogs (1992) - A
2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011) - D
3. Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012) - C+
4. Zero Dark Thirty (2012) - A
5. The Amazing Spiderman (2012) - B

The only thing I remember about when this movie came out was that it came out on my Birthday, and I decided instead to see Moonrise Kingdom. After watching TAS tonight, I can say I made the right choice.

Despite that though, I actually enjoyed this movie. Garfield was pretty good as Spiderman, and he could have been as good if not better than McGuire. The only thing holding him back, and the movie for that matter, is that the tone wasn't emotional enough. I mean when Uncle Ben was killed, I didn't really feel anything, and they touched on it for a little bit but then it felt like it was mostly ignored until the end. Like Tom Hendricks said in his review, the best part of the movie was when Spiderman saved the boy in the car off the bridge. You really got a sense of Spiderman being "Amazing", even though the entire movie didn't portray himself as such.

However, there was a lot to like. The high flying scenes were incredible (especially the spiderman vision so we did get to feel what Spiderman feels) and the action was pretty good. I'm not sure if I agree with Emma Stone as Gwen, but she was ok. I know there will be a sequel and I'll be interested. I will say this movie did get the bad taste of Spiderman 3 out of my mouth, so that was good.

Theater: 1
Blu-Ray/DVD/TV: 3 (+1)
Itunes: 1