View Single Post
Old January 19 2013, 02:00 AM   #102
Robert Comsol
Re: Kirk's Television Enterprise Deck Plans WIP

blssdwlf wrote: View Post
LAFORGE: Captain, we've found a way to extend the matter-antimatter energy supplies.
I think going back to "Mirror,Mirror" and "The Alternative Factor" this is why these crystals are so sought after. Apply matter-antimatter energy to it and they give you back matter-antimatter fuel to use again!
That's not how I read this dialogue. Geordi has merely found a way to make more efficient use of the available matter and antimatter supplies, thus allowing to make extended use of what's available.

I think there is a high probability that "drained" or "discharged" crystals are merely colloquialisms. To an ordinary person it may seem that the crystals' high output is because of a discharge while in fact it's merely the amplification of energy channeled into the crystal (though that would tell us a lot about the amplifying capabilities of these crystals. Wow! )

Where we are not looking at a colloquialism is "antimatter". There's a clear distinction bewtween matter, antimatter, dark matter and negative matter (and where it's not, it's probably just bad scriptwriting ).

"The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth" Jean-Luc Picard
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote