View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 11:45 PM   #31
T'Cal
Commodore

Re: Do you agree with TNG being cut short for the movies/other shows?

I liked GEN at first, especially the 23rd century opening scene. But the story after that has so many holes that the more I watch it the less I like it. FC was an excellent film all around, although it certainly would've made an excellent two-parter. INS is often panned because it was too much like an episode; maybe that's why I like it so much. NEM had some great moments but over all, it was only fair due mostly to weak writing in which the characters often said and did things that were out of character.

In hindsight, I wish TNG had stayed on TV and the producers had shaken things up. Promote Will to captain and give him his own ship, have him marry Deanna who would go with him, and promote Geordi to commander and have him be Riker's XO. Have them appear on occasion in special episodes. Promote Data to commander and have him be Picard's XO, bring up LaVelle to Tactical, promote Worf to lt. commander and place him at OPS, kill off Beverly to harden Picard a bit, and bring in a few new characters.