View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 07:12 PM   #89
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Re: most "wrong" episode...

BillJ wrote: View Post
Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
junxon wrote: View Post
FSB, if it had been a good episode the crew would have called phlox out on his bullshit and HE would've been the one to learn a lesson. as is we must bow down the the mystical unquestionable evolution-destiny. this is one episode where accepting the other viewpoint is nothing short of evil. it is genocide.

you should take a long hard look at yourself and your sense of morality for your stance on this episode.
I guess you don't read all of my posts. I am not sure I agree with Phlox. I am not sure they shouldn't have called him out. Or not.

But isn't that what makes an episode great, one where the answer given isn't always the answer I like?
I don't have to agree with it, but I expect the episode to be internally consistent... which it isn't. I also expect the episode to offer a fair view to both sides of the dilemma... which it doesn't.

That is why I consider the episode poor.
I think it both of these things.

Internally consistent: it stays largely, if not entirely, from Phlox's POV.

As for the other point, the discussion in the mess hall covers this as well as I could expect it to. In addition to other scenes.