Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 05:57 PM   #94
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: Going Veggie

Okay, here goes for the recipy! This is my own translation from Swedish, so some things might be...off.

Ingredients

4 tablespoons of butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 kilogram (or roughly 2 pounds) of tomatoes, diced (recipe also thought peeled and de-seeded, but F that shit)
1 laurel
4 fresh twigs of parsley
4 fresh twigs of basil
1,5 liters of vegetable bouillon (adjust for the fact juices from the tomatoes, recipe thought 2 liters)
1 tablespoon of ketchup
1-2 deciliters of cream (so that's like...a cup?)
salt and pepper
fresh basil for garnish

some bread to make into croutons if you wish

1. Melt the butter in a big pot. Add onions and fry at low heat for five minutes or u8ntil soft. Stir now and then. Add tomatoes, laurel, basil and parsley. Spice with salt and pepper and let simmer for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes have boiled together and most of the liquid have boiled away (again, I didn't wait foir this because I was compensating for the added liquid from the tomatoes). Stir now and then.

2. Increase to medium heat. Add the bouillon and let it come to a boil. Lower the hear, put on the lid and let simmer for 25 minutes.

3. Make the freaking croutons! Recipe had a very fancy dice them and fry them in olive oil thing, but I found that just doing some toast and cutting that into dices works just as well and takes way less time.

4. Remove the pot from the heat and let cool somewhat (again, didn't bother). Remove the herbs and stir the ketchup into the soup. Pour the soup into a mixer and mix it smooth (this is why I didn't bother, I just took my staffmixer and put it in the pot).

5. Pour back the soup into the pot (if removed) and heat it up. Stir the cream into the soup and let heat it up until warm all the way trough (didn't bother since warm already). Add salt and pepper to taste, if even necessary. Pour the soup into bowls. tare the fresh basil into bits and add as garnish, along with the croutons. Enjoy!

Here's a pic of it from my lunch today. This is the last bit of it. Was gone after lunch!