View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 01:36 PM   #47
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Obesity linked to a gut bacteria

GalaxyX wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
GalaxyX wrote: View Post

Venardhi, I hope you don't take this in a negative way, because it's not the intent.

I have no idea about Rama and his lifestyle so I can't speak for him. I'd love to have his size lol but that's very hard to achieve even for me who can put on muscle relatively easy.

The biggest problem for me is that I am an endomorph, so sure, I can put on muscle, but I usually end up putting on fat even easier. So dude you're not the only one who struggles with that.

The way I structure my eating habits right now is that I think of cheat meals as something to look foward to. So for example, I will probably have Popeye's today for lunch. But I'll order 2 pieces with no fries, and a diet soda.

I find I stop the cravings for junk food like this, while keeping my calories low. My other meals are super lean, either Protein shakes, or salad with tuna/chicken breasts, etc.

To keep the weight off what you need is to do it build muscle. I see so many guys that don't lift weights. There's one guy in particular who is like 140lbs and still has a bit of a belly. He's obsessed with losing it, but it won't happen if he doesn't lift weights, as he's weak and small everywhere else.

I'll sum it up with something I saw on someone's desk a while back. It was a saying: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".

It's up to you to decide if that applies to your life.
I tuned out as soon as I read "endomorph." The nonsense you're spouting there isn't scientific at all, and is borderline quackery.
As soon as I spouted "Endomorph" you considered what I'm saying quackery?

How about you educate yourself? Here's a start:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...endomorph.html

I actually fit that description quite well. As an endomorph, I've found it extremely difficult to get below 14% body fat, and like Vernardhi was saying, at that stage of the game I was not willing to do what it would take to get lower. As you can see from my pic, I didn't really have definition, I'm just bulky, and my legs are very strong compared to the rest of my body.

If you want to get scientific, it's a simple formula. You eat less than you burn, and you lose weight. What you eat helps make the weight loss faster because it helps your body manage different hormones to allow the body to burn more calories.

Exercise does the same. Cardio uses your leg muscles primarily to burn calories, as does weightlifting. weightlifting has the advantage that it will lead to muscle gain, and the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn.

What's quackery about that?
The "three basic body types" stuff is quackery, as it has no basis in science or medicine.