Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 01:17 PM   #92
KimMH
Rear Admiral

Re: Going Veggie

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Indeed. I'm finding that my energy levels have been boosted significantly just in the past few days. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to start jogging around the house just to burn some of it off!
How wonderful! Keep up the great work! It's wonderful you are already reaping benefits!

Sector 7 wrote: View Post
J.,

Part of the difficulty taking care of my mother, is that SHE still wants to eat that way. Last night was a breakthrough (I hope!). I explained to Mom (one... more... time...) why she needed to diet. [She has been bedridden for 4 years now. She refuses to diet, or even eat healthy, and has gained enough weight that our aide/friend and I are having back problems moving her.]

This time she seemed to be listening. Last week my lab results showed: diabetes under control, can stop taking cholesterol medications, etc..
"Be good, do good." You are the perfect example! This will benefit everyone involved!

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Oh, man, Sector7, please don't take any offense or insult at this, because I don't mean it that way at all, but I personally find your attitude towards carb counting hilarious! It's just that I am a type 1 diabetic; I've been carb counting since I was 12, using carb counts to calculate boluses. The thought of carb counting as fun rather than "IF YOU DON'T DO THIS CORRECTLY, YOU WILL DIE IN YOUR SLEEP!" is so mind-bogglingly foreign to me that it made me laugh! It's awesome that you like it though, and that it's working so well for you. Very cool!
What a load for such a young person to have to carry through life. You are in my thoughts!