View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 08:36 AM   #42
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Re: Campaign to Restore William Shatner's STV TFF for Blu-ray spec. ed

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
From rob meyer burnett who is doing the special feature documentaries on the TNG-R Blu-ray's
I'd always wanted to do a Director's Cut of Star Trek V just as Paramount had done earlier with Star Trek: The Motion Picture, and I really wanted to go in and rebuild – or at least have CGI versions of – the rock men, and really redo the ending of Star Trek V and fix things. There’s a lot of really sloppy, bad work. The famous ‘rocket boots up the corridors of the Enterprise’ that are backwards, and there are way too many decks on the Enterprise; you’re at like Deck 75, then you’re at Deck 50, then you’re back up to Deck 75 again, or whatever the numbers are… it’s like, come on, man! We all know that Deck 1 is the bridge, and it goes down from there!

I wanted to fix all that, because I think the great problem with Star Trek V is the tone. I think there’s a much better – you could go in there and recut and restructure that movie and get rid of all the really dumb humor.
http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/01092...rburnett1.html
"I'd always wanted to do a Director's Cut of Star Trek V". Umm, Mr. B., you're not the director, so YOU doing a cut of the film would not be a "director's cut".
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote