View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 06:40 AM   #16
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: So you're commissioned to write an actual Star Trek book...

I'd written a synopsis and pitch for my "first" Trek novel...but I've yet to get an agent and submit it.

Anyway--

Set during Season 7, DS9--shortly before "Penumbra". Sisko recieves a vision from the Prophets of a coming attempt to "divide the land". A mysterious young Bajoran questions Garack about means of mass destruction--and both are attacked by members of the Cult of the Pah-Wraiths. It turns out the young man was a former member himself--and left upon discovering a plot to "cleanse" the land.

Soon after, a massive reservoir is desroyed by a "dirty bomb"--bringing a massive flood of radiation-tinted water to an entire province. As Bashir and Ezri spearhead a recovery effort, Sisko, Kira, and Garak must uncover the full plan of the Cult--before the Prophets' warnings come to tragic fruition....

Along with the action-adventure main storyline (and a hint-of-romance-to-come subplot involving my favorite couple ), there is a direct parallel to the ongoing War on Terror (something which, in retrospect, makes storylines involving the Cult and the Circle from the series quite eerie in their ahead-of-time parallels...).

BTW--anyone else notice the decided lack of TrekLit set during DS9 Season 7? I almost get the idea that the novel writers didn't care for series-Ezri too much--hence the near-total "re-vamp" for the relaunch....
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote