View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 03:35 AM   #35
Kommander
Commodore

Re: Painters: Need help impressing a girl.

Even though I did not ask for input on whether or not I should do this, Doubty McBuzzkill still sucks, and I am definitely going to do this, I've rethought my strategy a bit.

I'm going to hold off a little longer than I originally planned. I'm going to try to get her painting again in other ways, and then do the surprise art set thing to keep her going. If I do it this way, it'll come as slightly less of a shock, I'll be able to get a better idea of the kinds of art supplies she'd need/want, and the chances of it being awesome go way up, instead of being only kind of awesome or thoughtful but not resulting in anything other than new art supplies for her. So, thanks to everyone that offered ideas on other ways to inspire her. I will probably use some of them, pretend I came up with them on my own, and not give anyone else any credit.

While I'm here, some more about the other thread:

I'm meeting her for coffee on Monday. She thinks meeting at a coffee place is awesome so everyone in the other thread was wrong.

Completely different girl in my new Creative Writing class wrote a poem for me. She was being a smart ass about a conversation we were having, and it wasn't creepy at all. So, everyone that disagreed with the basic premise of other thread is also wrong. I responded by writing her a poem where I picked on her for being an Objectivist, which was funny and also not creepy. Then she started telling me about her sexual tastes and that was mildly creepy, but awesome. Still, for being a Randroid, Other Girl is actually pretty tolerable. My point is, Doubty McBuzzkill is bad at everything and should feel bad.