View Single Post
Old January 18 2013, 12:11 AM   #44
Vice Admiral
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Obesity linked to a gut bacteria

That was me at about 190ish, 6'1", 32 inch waist pants were falling off at 180 and I had just about zero visible fat on me. Even including just a few cheat meals a week became notable immediately at that point. Not working out every day, even while I continued a severely limited diet, resulted in about 15 lbs over the course of a month or two. There is nothing "normal" about my weight at that point if the only way I can keep it off is if I'm measuring out my diet with a scoop and a scale and spending 2-3 hours a day (sometimes more) at the gym. That isn't a normal lifestyle for anyone except athletes, models and body builders, and even a lot of them have more leeway.

Would I like to look like that still? Absolutely. Would I like to be able to turn heads in a bar like I used to? Goddamn right. Is it worth spending most of my free time to do so? I'm not convinced.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote