View Single Post
Old January 17 2013, 11:12 PM   #31
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Manti Te'o Makes Up Dead Girlfriend

tighr wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Maybe I'm just missing the point, but this feels like a total TNZ-ificiation of the entire news media. Everyone is blowing this whole thing out of proportion and I'm not sure why. I guess when it comes to Nortre Dame and soap opera drama, it has to be top billing.
It's because the media is one of the ones who got trolled here, so they think this is super important big news, and want to now share it with us.

It's kind of like when a little kid tries to tell you about what someone did on the playground at school, and you just don't give a shit. But to them, its the most important thing in the world because they were there and it involved them.
So I'm not in the wrong wondering why exactly this is a big deal? That's assuring. It's just with all the other sports going on (NBA, NFL Championship week, the start of the NHL Season finally), Lance Armstrong and Manti T'ao are the two biggest stories of the week and both stories are, as I called it before, the TNZ dumbassification of the sports media. It's really weeks like this where I wonder why I like sports, or just sports talk, for that matter. I don't think I will ever "get it".