View Single Post
Old January 17 2013, 02:14 AM   #1775
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Superior Spider-Man #1.

I didn't know Marvel Comics published one-and-dones any more.
Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, which has been magnificent, has been mostly done-in-ones with one two-parter. The first arc of Keiron Gillen's Iron Man was composed of done-in-one issues. It's a trend I approve of.
Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
JRS wrote: View Post
Been thinking of getting back to Marvel again( the same last year my interest somehow dried out). The time seems pretty good for it now and it would not make my shopping really that much more expensive(if I order two or three new comics, that is).
But I am still unsure what titles to try out
Hawkeye and Daredevil have been fantastic. I'm really enjoying All-New X-Men, and although it's not my cup of tea, Wolverine and the X-Men is generally very well liked.

The new volumes of Avengers and New Avengers have both started a little slow IMHO, but writer Jonathon Hickman always plays a long game with his books, and I would recommend getting on the train early as the stories in both are sure to pick up speed.

Amazing Spider-Man was generally always a good bet but ASM doesn't exist anymore (for now, anyway). The current Spidey book, Superior Spider-Man, is a different animal, even though it's the same writer. I would suggest researching Spider-Man's current status quo before commiting to buying, but I would bet that SSM will be a fun ride.
Sorry to quote myself twice in one post, but I have something to add to both of these statements.

Indestructable Hulk. Three issues in and they have all been done-in-ones, and they have all been very good reads. I would highly recommend it to a new or returning reader.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; January 17 2013 at 02:57 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote