View Single Post
Old January 15 2013, 10:16 PM   #19
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Re: Recommend a good RPG?

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
I thought this was going to be about paper-and-pencil RPG.
It's a dying art, alas.

My friends and I are currently rocking a Pathfinder game. It's the first time I've played a campaign in that setting, but I'm really enjoying it. I much prefer their expansion on the old D&D 3.5 system over D&D's current Fourth Edition.
I'm doing the same! And I completely agree with your opinion. I really like what they did with the 3.5, tweaking here and there when needed but keeping it fully retro-compatible. We are doing a long campaign (and by "long", I mean we have been playing once a month for like 10 years), and translating the old characters from 3.5 into Pathfinder was a piece of cake.

We are also playing a homebrew Star Trek game, again for a very long time (and by "very long", I mean we have been playing weekly for about 15 years).

Yeah, we do like continuous stories.
That's awesome. The group I'm with has been together since 2004, but we've never done just one long continuous campaign with the same characters, we've always just done shorter campaigns in a variety of settings.

Are all the characters in your Trek game really high ranking but still implausibly serving on the same ship together, like the TOS crew in the later movies?
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote