View Single Post
Old January 15 2013, 02:48 AM   #2981
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

TheRoyalFamily wrote: View Post
Rocketeer wrote: View Post
TheRoyalFamily wrote: View Post
Am I the only one not excited about the Ambassador? It just seems silly to me at this point. I really liked the Oddy, as an anniversary ship, as it was very STO. But the Ambassador? Old and busted I hear there's both a T3 ship (where the Ambassador would logically belong) and a T5 ship. Maybe different?

At least I have some KDF toons this time. I missed out on the ship last year because I was so new I didn't have a second character.
We needed the Ambassador as a mid-tier ship at launch, not now. All my chars are max level and I don't know when I'll start a new one. Plus it's an ugly ship IMHO.
Agreed, on both counts. It would have made sense as the T3 cruiser instead of the Cheyenne-family (along with the Excelsior; imagine the frakenships ), or maybe one of the T4 skins - the Celestial is pretty much Not-Ambassador anyways.

As far as looks, the Ambassador just looks like a pudgy version of the Galaxy and the Galaxy is not my favorite Starfleet ship, not by a long shot (though the beauty shots of the Ent-D were the only good parts of TATV).
Ahem. There are no good parts in TATV.

As for the Big-D, I tend to agree with you guys. I always found the saucer section to be way too big compared to the battle section, making the ship feel like a beached whale.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."