View Single Post
Old January 15 2013, 12:07 AM   #1273
Rear Admiral

Also a big salad fan here.

Salads are not only versatile and full of palatable potential, but can be very healthy for you as well depending upon your ingredients. Many nutritionists believe our bodies work best when eating leafy greens and vegetables than meat and potatoes.

Sometimes I go vegetarian, but then sometimes I mix it up with meat or fish.

The great thing is that it's so easy to "change it up", so you don't feel like you're eating the same old thing every time. I have to admit I've gotten rather dull with respect to dressings. I have to peruse the Internet for more recipes. Often I will fall back on pre-made dressings, a few of which I get from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. But my favorite "fall back" is always a whip up of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and mustard.

When I was a kid, I couldn't stand Brussel sprouts. Now I love them. But spinach is still my all time favorite vegetable, especially when steamed from fresh leaf state. Next is broccoli. I'm trying to work up a taste for cauliflower, because I hear it's so good for you, but I can't stand it cooked.

Hey J. Allen, have you ever tried a kumato tomato? They've been my favorite for over a year now. Really flavorful and they last a good long while on the shelf before getting overripe.
Remembering Ensign Mallory.
Gary7 is offline   Reply With Quote