View Single Post
Old January 14 2013, 07:41 PM   #66
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore

Re: Surviving Vulcan Elders.

YARN wrote: View Post

Yep, the other thread got locked, but this is the other half of narrative elephant sitting in the middle of the writer's room. It's not a big deal, but it's amazing how we all feel compelled to deny that these stories even have the tiny or common flaws.
I, for one, never denied the flaws. I only denied that the flaws should necessarily stop someone from enjoying an otherwise fun and entertaining film (flaws and all).

Switching gears, I've thought I good Abramsverse story could be told surrounding the surviving Vulcan peoples' search for a new homeworld. I think an interesting Vulcan antagonist could be developed who has a motive with which we could sympathize (the search for a new planet for the homeless Vulcan Refugees), but even though we have sympathy for his plight, he may use methods which we find disturbing.

...For example, a Vulcan who isn't beyond bending and breaking of moral rules (maybe even killing?) in the name of finding his people a home. A story such as this could be ripe with moral ambiguities, which can always make for good drama.

Although that may mirror the Palestinian-Israeli issue too much.

...With shoes that cut, and eyes that burn like cigarettes
With fingernails that shine like justice and a voice that is dark like tinted glass...

Last edited by Jackson_Roykirk; January 14 2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Speeelling. and; Grammar
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote