View Single Post
Old January 14 2013, 03:57 AM   #167
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Dredd - Grade, Review, Discuss, Spoilers

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
I've bought the blu-ray, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet since I still have Christmas DVDs and blu-rays to plow through.

BTW, has anyone checked out IDW's new Judge Dredd comic series yet? It seems to be set in its own continuity, related but not connected to the original comic continuity and completed unconnected to the continuity of either movie. So far, two issues have been released with a third coming in a few weeks. Issue 1 isn't really anything particularly remarkable, but issue 2 is pretty damn cool which leaves me looking forward to issue 3.
I also have the BR copy, but like you not watched it yet for the same reason. Christmas and my own Black Friday watching. Not to mention I'm also watching Stargate SG-1 inter-spliced in these new discs for the first time.

I also have the first two issues from IDW and would agree with your assessment. I'm not well versed outside the 90's crossover with Batman so I'm just taking it as it is since I don't have the original continuity run to compare with.

Looking forward though to watching my copy!! I really enjoyed it in the theater.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote