View Single Post
Old January 13 2013, 09:26 PM   #1982
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

Thanks for updating the title, mods! Just in time for the fall season news to start ramping up. Update from the CW.

The Vampire Diaries is getting a spinoff set in New Orleans, starring Klaus. Eh, he's a big reason why I'm no longer watching, I find him boring, but I'd probably have bailed in any case.

While the CW is yet to order its first pilot this season, it already has a serious contender for next fall in The Originals, a Vampire Diaries backdoor pilot centered on Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and the Original family of vampires living in New Orleans. “You’ll have the melting pot of New Orleans and deal with a lot of voodoo and everything that goes with it,” Pedowitz said, adding that he is a “big believer that if you have something that works you can use it incubate other shows.”

A retooled version of Selection is back where the project was exactly a year ago — in contention for a pilot pickup. “The script just came in and it is very well done,” Pedowitz said.

Also awaiting word is Amazon, the proposed Wonder Woman origins drama, which is doing preliminary casting of the lead. “We’re waiting to see the script and are busy casting Diana,” Pedowitz said.

One project that is not happening is previously rumored adaptation of the Japanese film Battle Royale. The explanation of what happened with the project was vintage Pedowitz, with his attorney pedigree on full display. “Nothing occurred and it predated the current events that occurred.”
2013 is young but so far, that's the Quote of the Year.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote