View Single Post
Old January 13 2013, 08:06 PM   #786
rhubarbodendron
Commodore

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

LOL I just realized that I never got around to posting here.
So:

Hi, I'm not so new
I'm Bavarian, female and in my late 40s - old enough to have seen all Trek series when they aired for the very first time.
I, too, am a big fan of Spock (quite logical, considering the fact that I work in science), yet I'd label myself a Niner. Don't get me wrong, I also like TNG, VOY and ENT but DS9 was the best imho.

Apart from Spock my favourites are Morn, Worf, the EMH, Garak, Moogie, Martok and Kor.
As you may have noticed I have a soft spot for Klingons. Partiallly because I like my steaks very bloody, partially because I share the Klingon sense of humour as well as their sense of honour, and last but not at all least because I have an absolute weakness for long-haired gentlemen who can recite poetry.
It's a matter of course that when I became promoted to Captain, I picked a Klingon vessel as my ship and kept it when I became a Flaptain.

I'm not quite such a newbie as I seem as I was a member here before, left about a decade ago and re-registered by request of a couple of friends. On this second round through the ranks I already made quite a few new friends, particularly in the Lounges. I can ony recommend to all newbies to visit them as soon as they have enough posts to be permitted in them. Especially the Redshirt lounge was a lot of fun! I also enjoyed the Captain's Lounge which was quite lively. We could do with a few more posters in the Fleet Captains' Lounge, though. So come on, Flaptains, de-lurk and join the fun!

Like everyone I have not only virtues but also vices: I've never ever seen any Dr Who (yet) and I have zero tolerance to bullies.