View Single Post
Old January 13 2013, 05:05 PM   #34
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: Jurassic Park 4 Coming June 14, 20...2014!!!

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I just don't know what else there is to say in this franchise.
Aye. An AV Club writer had an interesting comment about III a while ago, in a list of Best Scenes in Worst Movies:
There’s an amazing scene in the otherwise largely crummy film, right near the end, when Marines arrive on Isla Sorna to bail out Sam Neill, William H. Macy, et al. from the prehistoric predators. As the infantry rolls into an oncoming charge of dinos, Johnston cuts away. It feels like a cheat at first. After all, Jurassic Park had been courting a full-blown human/dino war since the T-Rex got loose on the mainland in the second film. But Johnston’s cutaway is superb, a rug-pulling acknowledgment that, duh, obviously a bunch of hi-tech tanks and guys with automatic weapons could take down a herd of pea-brained reptiles. Survival of the fittest and all that.

This almost makes one seem why, in the words of the AV Club's Sean O'Neal, one proposed script "would have featured a commando unit of super-smart human-dinosaur hybrids specially trained for capturing drug dealers and rescuing kidnapped children, because fuck everything else about Jurassic Park up to that point."

To which I can only repeat my Jurassic Park Origins: Maple White Land idea...
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote