View Single Post
Old January 13 2013, 06:19 AM   #31
pepperminty
Cadet

Re: Episode of the Week: Skin of Evil

Jeyl wrote: View Post
And I honestly believe that no one was more disappointed in Tasha Yar's character than Denise herself. Watching Season One on BluRay, it wasn't too hard to see why. Not only was she written as a "shoot first, don't ask questions later" type of person, she never really got to do anything meaningful
Exactly. I recall reading a transcript of an online chat she participated in where she talked about how she didn't like the role (or lack thereof) her character was given--which is certainly understandable. It's no surprise that Crosby wanted to leave when the only character-centric episode she got revolved around Tasha being kidnapped by some alien who was weirdly obsessed with her. What's really disappointing, imo, is how much potential she had; I would have loved to see what was done with her character in later seasons (in a non-Yesterday's Enterprise universe), but I don't exactly blame her for not sticking around to find out.

It would have been nice to have the character go out in a way that didn't involve a "wound" that looked like someone smeared jelly on her face, though.
pepperminty is offline   Reply With Quote