View Single Post
Old January 13 2013, 02:03 AM   #305
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Christopher wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
That is really the only logical direction they could go, IMO.
Not necessarily. As I've said before, it's not impossible for someone to survive the kind of impalement injury Coulson received in the film, if they get medical treatment quickly enough. And we never actually saw the medics call his death -- we just heard Fury tell the others that they'd called it, and we know he wasn't above lying to manipulate their emotions.

True, an injury that serious would take months to recover from and would probably leave a person permanently impaired in some ways, but maybe Coulson could have been healed by some kind of bionic grafts or a variant of the supersoldier formula. So there are other possible ways they could go besides revealing that the "dead" Coulson was an LMD.
Actually, all I meant by my post was that having the series set after The Avengers movie was the only logical direction the series could go, in response to Set Harth's vage post which I interpreted as against the idea. I really don't care how they deal with Coulson's revival. Though I do keep wondering if Iron Man 3 is going to have some hint, even if it is just the scene at the end of the credits.